Energy systems around the world face constraints:
- Renewable integration requires dependable baseload in the short to mid-term.
- Global instability and changing weather patterns are increasing fuel volatility.
- Changes in load centers require systems and regulators to adapt.
- Long term rhetoric is impeding action on some tangible improvements that can be taken today.
APR is responding by:
- Helping countries manage the shift to renewable energy by providing back-up baseload power and grid balancing.
- Enhancing the efficiency of existing fossil fuel generation through reconfigurations and researching new fuel options such as blended hydrogen.
- Building less carbon intense projects from the outset including gas and renewables.